Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bandar Abbas - the other end of Iran

Well, I made it to Bandar Abbas in record time, five and a half days for the 600km.  (very sparsely populated area).   
 
Before I arrived I realised that the advice I got up north would be right.  Esfahan Very Beautiful,  Shiraz Very Beautiful, Bandar Abbas Very Hot.   Coming down to sea level and getting to the lowest latitude at the same time is not a good combination.
 
Oasis Paradise?  As you go south the palms become more prevalent - but only where they can find water.
 
Another bread stop and the locals gathered around - and strated messing around. Locals playing around.
 
 
camped above a village - last camp in Iran  Last camp in Iran
 
final destination in Iran - chalk up another one.  Last stop in Iran
 
The captain pleading for fuel  The ferry back from one of the Islands - the captain calls for Petrol (mere technicality)
 
Bandar Abbas airport - ready to leave - enroute to Kathmandu - but only booked through to Dubai as you can't make international bookings in iran tour agencies   Bandar Abbas Airport - ready to fly over Baluchistan and Pakistan (taking DFATs advice for the first time)
 
On goes the bike (phew)   The bike goes on board
 
Near central Kathmandu  next stop Nepal - Kathmandu - green and wet and overcast - even the first rain I've seen for months
It may be after midnight when I get to the hotel - but that's no reason to not go out and buy Daal Baht.   I'm gonna luv touring here!!!!   And Nepali food - I'm in heaven
 


No comments:

Post a Comment